Blog Archive

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Buon Giorno


Just a quick post from Ferrara, where I am sitting in an internet cafe. We got here on Monday with no trouble after meeting up with Mike's mom in Bologna. I now have both an upset tummy and a cold (or am extremely allergic to Italy), but altogether I am doing better than I was. The town itself is small and no one speaks English hardly at all. But that gives a more genuine experience and we are enjoying it. The part of Ferrara where we are staying dates back to the 14th century with very narrow streets and lots of archways. We have a tiny one bedroom apartment in this older quarter.

Yesterday we took the train to Venice and that was as lovely and magnificent as you would think it. I'll have to write more later as our time is up.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Info and photos would be great! Will you make it to Florence and Rome? That's where we're headed after Venice.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your feeling a little better!